I tell you all this, so that if you experience similar issues, you'll know that you can stick the root beer in the fridge for longer and be fine.
Friday, February 13, 2015
Yeast Problems
When tasting the last two batches my stomach had a strong and immediate reaction to the root beer. The pain was so intense on the first batch that I went to see the doctor (I have recurring stomach issues anyway and we thought this was part of it). None of the other tasters had any such reaction. What we've learned is that I can't have even a sip of the root beer before it has been refrigerated for a week. That week give enough time for the yeast to go into a dormant state. If I try it a day after putting it in the fridge, I will still have stomach pains. I may experiment with the time frame in the future, because delaying to drink the root beer is pretty annoying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment