Saturday, February 7, 2015

Verdict on Homebrew #3

The flavor of this batch is the best yet by far.  I'm not sure why this is, but it's the first batch to have a nice head.  The flavor was full, diverse, and dessert-y.  The robust flavor profile filled the pallet with unique flavors - flavors that you wouldn't get out of an over the counter bottle of root beer.  The yeasty flavor that I've complained about in the past was not present in the majority of the bottles (we did have a half bottle that had an overpowering yeasty flavor).  We believe the dessert-y taste is coming primarily from the Star Anise and the Molasses.  Each of our guests enjoyed it enough to take multiple bottles home.

The flavor is still not where I would want it personally, but I feel like we're narrowing in on perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment